If you missed Spencer Stuart's wonderful webinar back in April - Lifecycles: Collecting and Collections, based on his three-part Lifecycles program - here is your chance to take part. The next Lifecycles virtual presentation will take place on 26th June 2020, at 1pm EDT / 6pm BST.
Registration for the June session is reflecting a diverse cross-section of private collectors, institutional representatives (librariants and curators) and dealers. So lively conversation from a variety of perspectives is expected!
Lifecyles covers the complete timeline of a collector and the lifecycle of their collections, with a focus on fine art and private libraries. It discusses the initial attractions that move one to collect through to the steps one must take to ensure a collection's legacy beyond one's very personal time and space.
The Lifecycles program has been designed for a variety of audiences:
- Individual collectors and, or groups of individual collectors.
- Enthusiasts wondering if they are collectors of rare books and/or manuscripts and/or fine art (prints, photography, and paintings).
- Gallerists and auctioneers who provide works to collectors and wish to educate their staff while creating unique events to attract new clients and strengthen relationships with existing clients.
- Financial, legal and appraisal professionals who provide services to collectors and collections.
- Board Members or professional staff of institutions receiving collections from donors and benefactors.
The event promises to be most interesting, offering a unique and refreshing perspective on collecting from an articulate and engaging speaker.
As a previous attendee said:
"LIFECYCLES: Collecting & Collections has given me a framework for the future of my collection and a whole new way to appreciate, and communicate to others what I have built. Regardless of where you are in the lifecycle of your collection(s,) if you get the opportunity to experience the LIFECYCLES content presented by Spencer W Stuart, you should take it. Your collection will thank you!"
As a Collections Adviser, Spencer provides advisory services for private and institutional collections, facilitating collection development, cataloguing and deaccession strategies.
His specialities include rare books, prints and photography.
Spencer holds a master’s degree in the History of Art from the Courtauld Institute in London, England (recipient of the Director’s Award). Upon graduation he took a position with Bonhams Auctioneers where he worked closely with the North American Rare Books and Manuscripts department in Toronto and New York. He is also an alumnus of the Colorado Antiquarian Book Seminars and the Rare Book School (University of Virginia).
In concert with his advising, Spencer presents a monthly segment on Sheryl MacKay's CBC Radio program North by Northwest as a Book Historian.
Tickets/Registration for Lifecycles: Collecting & Collections is $80 USD.